Access the many Benefits of this Essential Oil!
Sage oil has a number of medicinal properties such as anti-inflammatory or anti-bacterial but as with many essential oils, there are always contra-indications and with Sage oil, those who are pregnant or who have epilepsy should avoid using it and this is because it contains camphene and camphor which are toxic. Sage oil blends well with tea tree oil, ginger, rosemary, lavender, orange and neroli.
The subject of aromatherapy has become even more popular over the years and it is a subject which can be used whilst those interested begin to learn. Because there are so many good books or even DVD's available these days, learning the basics have never been so easy. If you wish to study this holistic therapy, read up on the oils which you feel would be most beneficial and also learn to understand how you would be able to use them to their maximum effect. Sage oil has a number of qualities which makes it perfect for use around the house and for general healing.
Often used in cosmetics, Sage oil also has the following uses:
- Anti-fungal and can help for conditions such as athletes foot and dermatitis.
- Antiseptic and is good for ulcers, abrasions and wounds
- Anti-bacterial and so can be useful to heal infections in the ears, nose and the throat as well as in other areas.
- Excellent as an expectorant in the fight against coughs and colds and for easing congestion.
- It is an excellent stimulant and is renowned for affecting the circulation, nervous system and the brain for example in a positive way.
- Sage oil can help to regulate menstrual cycles and to ease tiredness, headaches and depression often associated with that time.
- Anti-spasmodic - excellent at treating problems such as stomach pain which is associated with spasms.
There are many other benefits associated with this oil for example, sciatica and lumbago, psoriasis and dermatitis and so it can be added to the list of extremely useful oils. With careful consideration however and a little knowledge, sage oil can bring a variety of benefits to the user.