Why One to One Tuition may be Best for You!
Drawing instructions from an expert can be extremely beneficial to all those who are considering art as a career or who would like to rapidly improve their drawing as a hobby. Drawing instructions can be very intensive and they can be received either by attending a workshop or art class or by employing a qualified artist or art teacher for one to one tuition. Just remember when planning drawing instructions that an artist does not necessarily make for a good teacher so consider carefully before making a decision.
There are a few points for you to consider before making that decision:
- Consider just what you would like to achieve from your sessions, and then choose your instructor wisely. Consider their areas of expertise; do they match your own? What is your niche area? Wildlife? Figures? Still Life? Do you wish to increase your knowledge in these areas or learn additional skills?
- Take some time to find out about your potential instructors background and accomplishments. How enthusiastic are they about drawing and do you feel comfortable with them?
- Think about how often you wish to have drawing instructions, once a week and if so, what day?
- Costs are likely to come into the equation also, so make sure that fees are taken into consideration prior to booking a session.
- Once you have decided on your tutor, make sure that you know exactly what is that you would like to study and arrange this with your tutor in advance as this means that they can resource or create any training material prior to starting which will save you time and money.
- If fees are fairly expensive then it may be an idea to see if a friend or family member wishes to share the expenditure with you but check with the tutor that they are happy for this to happen.
Any personal tuition is bound to increase your awareness and perception of the world around which can only help you to become a better artist, so enjoy your drawing instructions and wait for the benefits to start.