Stress Management For Artists
Stress Management for artists? It may seem odd that artists can feel the pressures of deadlines or become stressed. Most people consider those fortunate enough to make a living from painting and drawing as being fairly relaxed individuals, after all, painting and drawing is a relaxing and therapeutic hobby. However, stress management for artists is important as working from home or being self employed may seem an ideal lifestyle but, being a professional artist means that you are accountable for the work you produce, have to deliver on time and to a high standard. So stress management for artists and creative people everywhere, is a necessity.
Whilst everyone has to deal with a certain amount of stress on a daily basis, the professional artist has to deal with similar issues through having to deliver on time and of course, their reputation is always at stake. It is important then that the professional artist plans efficiently and incorporates some stress management for artists self-help techniques.
- Set reasonable goals. If there are a great deal of tasks, put them in order of priority and work through the list.
- Time management is always a difficult one, so organise jobs efficiently.
- Ask for help. There is no shame in admitting that you are likely to struggle with certain demands.
- If repeatedly juggling a tough daily schedule is getting you more stressed, allocate any stressful situations a number from one to three. The higher the number, the more priority you should place on resolving it.
- If you are then feeling less motivated for your artwork after all that frantic stress busting, then do something that you enjoy doing for the sake of it. Allow yourself some 'you' time but limit it, as procrastinating will only get you more stressed.
The role of the artist is certainly not one of being carefree and relaxed and the reason for this is that as well as tapping into a flow of creativity constantly, there is the small matter of juggling all of the other daily tasks. Working from home too can mean that there are many more distractions so it is easy to see how stress management for artists is essential.