For the 'At- Home' First-Aid Kit!
Jasmine oil is extracted from the well known Jasmine flower and it has very many beneficial qualities making it a useful addition to any 'home' first aid kit. Whilst the jasmine flower may often be associated with love, Jasmine oil often has some unexpected benefits such as for the menopause or as an expectorant for respiratory problems. Jasmine oil is fairly easy to source through good stockists of essential oils whether in retail outlets or via the internet.
As with any essential oil, it is extremely important that all of the properties of the oil are researched prior to purchase. This then enables you to make an informed choice as to the suitability of that particular oil and also to understand any contra-indications. Jasmine oil should be avoided by those who are pregnant for example.
Some of the primary benefits of Jasmine oil are as follows:
- It is an anti-depressant. The aroma has gentle uplifting qualities which helps to combat depression and can generally lift flagging spirits. It can also be used as a sedative giving relief from anxieties and anger.
- It is an aphrodisiac and can actually enhance your libido. It can help to aid many problems associated with personal and intimate relationships.
- Hormonal and menopausal problems. Can help to ease painful periods and delay menopause. Jasmine oil can also help with other hormonal related problems such as fatigue and irritability.
- Eases birth and the pain associated with labour and are also good for the milk secretion of those mothers who wish to breast-feed their babies.
- The oil also works well as an anti-septic and prevents wounds from becoming septic and needing a tetanus.
- It also has powerful expectorant qualities and gives relief from a cough by clearing any congestion of phlegm. Will also help with easing snoring symptoms due to having colds.
There are other benefits through using this oil regularly and it is advisable to add it to any home first aid kit. Always make sure you understand however, exactly how to use Jasmine oil correctly so as to gain the most benefits.