Easy Ways to bring your Drawings to Life!
Drawing figures are fun but there is a definite technique which needs to be learned before they start to look realistic. Those new to the world of art should not be daunted by practising drawing figures, as adding images of people can bring an interesting element to your picture. Drawing figures well requires a great deal of practice but if you persevere, before long however, this will become a new skill set in your artistic repertoire.
Things to consider before drawing figures are:
- How well you know anatomy? If you are not aware how the body works in terms of movement, then it will be difficult to portray in your picture.
- Are you a people watcher? Those with a natural interest in others may have an added advantage as they will be more self-assured and keen to practice.
- How keen are you to learn this skill? The more motivated and self-disciplined you can be, will bring much greater results more quickly.
- Do you feel daunted by sketching in public? Whilst some artists do feel a little inhibited, this can be a great way to capture the flowing moving of throngs of people.
- When drawing figures, do you have the right pencils to hand and have they been sharpened? It is important to be completely prepared for when creativity strikes.
- Consider what you want to achieve when drawing figures. Do you want them to be realistic in terms of proportion or are you happy to develop your own style?
- Have you planned the composition of your drawing? There is no point starting your picture if you are unsure as to the direction you wish to take.
- Let yourself become inspired by all the people around you. Consider their unique characteristics. This is important as if you can capture and record the very essence of those people, then your picture will start to become more realistic.
Most importantly, do not be afraid to take chances with your drawing. When drawing figures, be bold, confident and enthusiastic.