Digital Camera Information
Get on the Internet to get your Digital Camera Information
Whether you already own a camera or are looking to buy one, there are certain details you will need to know. You will find lots of digital camera information on the Internet, or you can go to a store that sells cameras to get digital camera information about the products they sell. Once you have made your purchase, you will find more specific digital camera information in the manual that is supplied with the model you have bought.
A good manual will explain how to:
- get started,
- take pictures,
- review what you have taken,
- delete what you don't like,
- download your shots to your computer, and
- make use of any additional accessories available for your camera.
You will normally get a quick-start guide that covers the process of unpacking and setting up your new digital camera, taking your first photographs, and then transferring them to your computer. That will be enough to get you going.
There should also be complete operating instructions that tell you in detail how to get a lot more out of the model you have bought.
Remember that a quick-start guide will give you details about very basic picture taking, including the default camera settings: flash mode, focus mode, image quality, image size and continuous mode for example. It may also guide you in terms of framing shots and using the zoom lens, as well as focusing and shooting.
Additional information will of course depend on what you have bought, but might include:
- making effective use of memory in terms of image quality and size,
- how the focus mode can be used, including infinity, macro-work and self-timers that delay the shutter release,
- the implications of using both an optical and digital zoom function,
- how to make the best of the flash mode, including instructions on reducing redeye,
- ways of using the exposure compensation setting to control the brightness and darkness of pictures, and
- if your camera has manual controls for shutter speed and aperture, how to use these effectively.
There may also be a CD with all the same details as well as additional useful digital camera information.