Collecting World Coins
So you have decided that you are going to collect coins, but do you know what coins you are going to collect? A popular option involves collecting world coins from a variety of different countries, including Australia. But if you are going to be collecting world coins for a hobby, you need to be sure you can find and also afford them. It can be an expensive business if you aren't a traveller. But if you visit other countries from time to time, collecting world coins can be a lot of fun.
There are various approaches you can take when it comes to collecting World Coins for a hobby. For example you can:
- simply bring back money from countries you have visited and build up a fairly recent collection that way,
- look for money minted in the year of your birth when you visit different countries - although this might entail shopping from dealers if you aren't still quite young,
- decide on themes like birds, plants, animals or kings and queens which you find pictured on money in different countries,
- collect same-sized examples,
- collect strange shaped examples, and also those with holes in them, or
- if you have the budget, look for money from different parts of the world that is rather rare.
The first option listed is, of course, the cheapest. The last is the most expensive!
Bringing money back from countries you visit is a great option for beginners and children. All you do is keep all the change you haven't spent, and take it home with home after each trip! The collection may never amount to much, or even be of any value, but it can still be lots of fun, and the coin collection might eventually become a family heirloom. Once you have a bunch of stuff you can always decide to develop the collection into something more specific, like themes or sizes.
Looking for rare money is a challenge and one that can be incredibly rewarding, provided you have the budget and are willing to develop your expertise.
At the end of the day, you need to decide how seriously you are going to pursue this fascinating hobby collecting world coins.