Building Nitro Rc Cars
Nitro RC Cars are some of the most popular types of RC vehicle available. One of the reasons Nitro RC Cars are so popular is because they are convenient to use and do not require charging. Nitro RC Cars can also be built yourself from kit form. When building RC Cars there are some things that you will need to consider.
The tools required to build Nitro RC Cars are actually fairly simple, there's a fairly good chance that you will already have everything you need. If not these are already fairly inexpensive and this should make assembling RC Cars very simple.
- Screwdrivers: A selection of different sizes of screwdriver will be useful. Hopefully you already have these in your tool kit and if not they are very easy to buy. Jeweler's screwdrivers will also be beneficial.
- Needle Nosed Pliers: Although not absolutely essential these will make retrieving lost parts that you accidentally drop when assembling Nitro RC Cars much easier. There are lots of tiny things that you will need to handle, any one of these could be dropped and need retrieving.
- Spanners: Depending on your kit you may require spanners or socket sets.
- Allen keys: Some Nitro RC Cars will also have bolts which need to be tightened using Allen keys. If these are not included with your kit then it's a good idea to purchase some now.
- Files: The chassis can sometimes have rough edges which need to be filed down so that they aren't dangerous.
- Glow Plug Wrench: A glow plug wrench is a special type of socket which can be used to remove and tighten the glow plug in the nitro RC engine.
- Craft Knife: Needed to cut through the pipes
In order to build Nitro RC Cars there are a number of different components that you will require. These components can either be brought individually or alternatively as part of a kit. Kits are easier to work with because they already contain everything you need in one convenient package.
- Chassis: The chassis is normally made out of aluminum and is already formed to the right shape. This is the base of the car and will be used to bolt everything to.
- Engine: All Nitro RC Cars require a nitro engine to power them. These are very small engines which burn Nitro Glow Fuel.
- Glow Plug: The Glow Plug is similar to a spark plug and heats up to ignite the fuel inside the engine.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tanks are normally made out of plastic and are used to hold the fuel before it is used by the Nitro RC Cars engine.
- Tubing: Several lengths of tubing will be required to carry the fuel. This is flexible and transparent PVC pipe. It's a good idea to buy more of this than you need because it needs to be replaced regularly.
- Transmission: Various gears and transmission systems are required to transfer the power from the engine to the wheels.
- Wheels and Tires - Wheels and tires are needed to move your car around.
- Shell: The shell is the body of the car and this clips over the top of the chassis to conceal everything inside. Although not essential to run Nitro RC cars it does make them look much better.
When building Nitro RC cars the process can be very fiddly which can sometimes make it frustrating. With patience you will be able to enjoy building Nitro RC cars and get a lot of enjoyment out of racing them.